SCORM package implementations in D2L.
1 Importing the package
SCORM 1.2 packages are shipped with .ZIP extension. Log in to your
D2L course and follow these steps to import a new SCORM package.
1.1 Download the demo package
- Flash based simulations will not be used.
- HTML5 based simulations will be preferred.
- They should be compatible with all modern devices including tablets and phones.
1.2 Upload to D2L
- Navigate to
Import / Export / Copy Components>
Import Componentsand click
Copy All Components
- Select SCORM package from your desktop. In this demonstration, the file name is
test-package.zip. See Figure 1.
Import All Components. Figure 2 shows the normal progress.
- D2L supports file sizes up to 1 GB.
- This demo uses a file with 283 KB. Very practical!
1.3 Viewing the SCORM content
View Contentto access the
- Figure 3 shows that a new menu item is added to the Table of Contents.
- When the menu item is clicked, the content appears in the main block with a
2 Accessing the content
- Click the link title
General Chemistry Lab I ▹ Interactive
- Figures 4 - 8 shows the D2L snapshots of various views in D2L. TEST ++++=====
- All of the content is free for students.
- Easy to set up an experiment in D2L.
- All logical sequences with content and activities will be followed by all sections.
- Any content type like
.xlsxcan be embedded.
- Content can be updated as needed.
- Videos are hosted by YouTube.
- Panopto sometimes imposes strict share limitations.
- Copying movies from one course to another often produces broken links.
- We don’t make new simulations so we cannot change them.