Understanding the basic principles of chemistry and contextualizing the chemical principles in daily life.
Matter, elements, compound, mixtures, measurements, mol concepts, detection of chemical formulas, redox reactions, calculations based on chemical reactions, atom: atom models, proton, neutron, electron, electromagnetic radiation, black body radiation, Planck’s quantum theory, photoelectric effect, atomic spectra, Bohr’s atomic theory, periodic table, quantum numbers, atomic radius, ionization energy, electron affinity, electronegativity, structure of nucleus, Radioactivity and radioactivity law, radioactive decay kinetic, nucleus transformation reactions, nucleus binding energy, isotopes, chemical bonds, exceptions to the octet rule, theories of chemical bonding, gases, ideal gas law, ideal gas mixtures, the kinetic theory of gases, enthalpy and entropy of melting and vaporization, phase diagrams, phase transitions in liquids and solids.
Course learning outcomes
- Learn basic concepts in chemistry
- Gain information about the structure of atom
- Apply the chemical events the basic laws of the chemistry and theories.
- Gain information about chemical bonds and bonding theories.
- Acquire information on structure of matter and states.