Chem 171 should be taken concurrently with or before Chem 173.
Textbook and Materials
- You will need one bound laboratory notebook, such as a National-brand composition book sold in Barnes and Noble or Beck’s bookstore. You will need laboratory goggles and a lab coat. All of which are available at the bookstore.
- You will need an inexpensive calculator having logarithmic (base 10 and base e), ex- ponential, and trigonometric functions to do routine mole-mass and volumetric calculations associated with this lab.
Zoom Guidelines and Expectations
This class will use Zoom for office hours. Students should follow general guidelines and meet participation expectations for Zoom meetings:
- Use your given or preferred name as your display name.
- Don’t use distracting or inappropriate profile photos or virtual backgrounds.
- Minimize distractions, such as televisions and cell phones, when possible.
- Try to put your device at eye level on a solid surface. Holding your device or placing it in your lap can add movement to your video, which can be distracting.
- Don’t engage in other activities during sessions (driving, cooking, cleaning, etc.)
- Mute your microphone when you’re not speaking to minimize background noise.
- Don’t share meeting links, passwords, screenshots, recordings, or other meeting information. with people outside the class.
- If connectivity issues impact your audio/video quality, try turning off your camera.
- Be on time or notify your instructor if you will be late or unable to attend.
- If you think you might have trouble actively participating in meetings, let your instructor know in advance, if possible.
- Contact Loyola’s Technology Support Center at (773) 508-4487 or via email at ITS Service Desk ITSServiceDesk@luc.edu, if you need assistance during a video call.
Figure 1. Schedule.