Importing the package
SCORM 1.2 packages are shipped with .ZIP extension. Log in to your
D2L course and follow these steps to import a new SCORM package.
Download the demo package
- Flash based simulations will not be used.
- HTML5 based simulations will be preferred.
- They should be compatible with all modern devices including tablets and phones.
Upload to D2L
- Navigate to
Import / Export / Copy Components>
Import Componentsand click
Copy All Components
- Select SCORM package from your desktop. In this demonstration, the file name is
test-package.zip. See Figure 1.
Figure 1. Import screen: File selection.
Import All Components. Figure 2 shows the normal progress.
- D2L supports file sizes up to 1 GB.
- This demo uses a file with 283 KB. Very practical!
Figure 2. Import screen: Processing.
Viewing the SCORM content
View Contentto access the
- Figure 3 shows that a new menu item is added to the Table of Contents.
- When the menu item is clicked, the content appears in the main block with a
Figure 3. SCORM content appears in the Table of Contents
Accessing the content
- Click the link title
General Chemistry Lab I ▹ Interactive
Figures 4 - 8 shows the D2L snapshots of various views in D2L
Figure 4. Text based content.
Figure 5. Simulation.
Figure 6. Fill in the blank type activity. Feedback is immediate for learning. Not graded.
Figure 7. SCORM quiz. Graded, no feedback. Testing the knowledge gain.
Figure 8. Upon SCORM quiz completion, a item is created in the
- All of the content is free for students.
- Easy to set up an experiment in D2L.
- All logical sequences with content and activities will be followed by all sections.
- Any content type like
.xlsxcan be embedded.
- Content can be updated as needed.
- Videos are hosted by YouTube.
- Panopto sometimes imposes strict share limitations.
- Copying movies from one course to another often produces broken links.
- We don’t make new simulations so we cannot change them.
Figure 9. ACS lists PhET Interactive Simulations in the first place of their list.